About Me

My photo
This blog is for COM 125

Saturday, March 19, 2011

Multimedia : Iphone

Today, when parents walk into their children's room, they no longer see their kids playing “Donkey Kong”, “Super Mario” or even “Pacman”. They also no longer see huge game consoles connected to a huge television and controllers on their children's hands.

We are no longer living in the era of “Nitendos” or “Sega” and with the help of ever improving technology, the convergence of multimedia enables us to do so many things with one single device, the IPhone.

Although I do not own an IPhone, I am really impressed by its multiple functions as a phone. It is no longer use just for calling and texting, but it gives a computer-like experience like as if we are using our laptops with our mobile phones! Surfing websites, music library and even games, you name it, you got it! Thus, I wish to talk about IPhone games as it has brought gaming to a whole new level.
As mentioned earlier, it’s no longer “Super Mario”, and then what is it now? I would say it is the “Angry Birds” because the fact that a non IPhone user knows about this game, it must be really popular and addictive. I tried playing the game once using my friend’s IPhone; I was hooked like a teenager to his first puff of cigarette.

In this game, players take control of a flock of birds that are attempting to retrieve eggs that have been stolen by a group of evil green pigs. On each level, the pigs are sheltered by structures made of various materials such as wood, glass and stone, and the object of the game is to eliminate all the pigs in the level. Using a slingshot, players launch the birds with the intent of either hitting the pigs directly or damaging the structures, which would cause them to collapse and kill the pigs. In various stages of the game, additional objects such as explosive crates and rocks are found in the levels, and may be used in conjunction with the birds to destroy hard-to-reach pigs.

Despite the game play, I am still impressed by how multimedia enables us to play games with our mobile phones. Without consoles, television, wires, controllers and even game cartridges, we are able to use our fingers to play our favorite games, anywhere, anytime. In addition, it enables us to constantly “change” our games or applications in our mobile phones. If we are talking about game consoles, I used to pile up all my old games cartridges in my store rooms. I no longer play them but it takes up so much space in my house. Unlike the convention way, IPhone allow users to delete the games or application when it is no longer needed. Thus, thanks to the rise of technology, we have the luxury to experience it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment